Max has a strong civil practice, advising and representing both Claimants and Defendants.
He was recently published in PI Focus Magazine (October 2021) following his success in a claim made under the Montreal Convention, which governs accidents that occur in the process of travelling via air carriage.
Max regularly advises and appears in fast-track personal injury claims, including where issues of fundamental dishonesty are raised. He has also represented clients at multi-track trials. Recent cases include:
- advising as to contributory negligence and dependency of the family members of the deceased Claimant following a fatal motorcycle accident.
- assisting in settling a claim where the Defendant had obtained evidence of the Claimant’s social media of her undertaking sporting activities during the prognosis period of her injuries.
- successfully arguing for primary liability to be found in favour of a Claimant involved in a high-speed collision on a motorway.
- obtaining damages for a Claimant who suffered multiple spinal fractures.
- representing a fireman who suffered from heat exposure during training exercises.
Max is very capable of advising on issues involving:
- Occupiers Liability Act
- Highways Act
- Road Traffic Act
- Employers’ liability
- Vicarious liability
- Claims against public authorities
He has a great experience in Portal Claims, having previously worked as a Claims Handler in the insurance team at a global law firm. He is highly knowledgeable in representing parties in Stage 3 and disposal hearings, as well as drafting Advices on Quantum.
Notable Personal Injury cases
advising on behalf of a child Claimant in regards to quantum following a road traffic accident that caused the child to lose her hearing in one ear and partly her sense of smell.
obtaining damages for a Claimant who suffered multiple spinal fractures.
advising as to contributory negligence and dependency of the family members of the deceased Claimant following a serious motorcycle accident.