The Police Law team at 9 Gough Chambers have represented the Metropolitan Police Commissioner, various constabularies, national police organisations and numerous claimants for over 25 years in all aspects of police law:
- Civil disputes concerning the police at High Court and County Court level (false imprisonment, malicious prosecution, assault, misfeasance in public office, warrant and trespass claims).
- Civil proceedings under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002
- Employers’ Liability and Public Liability claims
- Judicial review proceedings
- Public Inquiries
- Disciplinary proceedings and Police Authority appeals concerning serving officers
- Police led applications such Sex Offender Orders, Proceeds of Crime Orders, Closure Orders and Anti-Social Behaviour Orders
- Firearms applications and appeals
- Disputes arising out of the seizure, retention and delivery up of privileged or copyright materials, goods and property
- Public Interest Immunity applications and disclosure in the civil, criminal and family courts
- Operational and policy matters
Ever since the introduction of 'Police law' as an area of practice in the UK Legal Directories in 1998, practitioners at 9 Gough Chambers have been regularly ranked and highly recommended.
Our barristers are happy to provide training to constabularies and other organisations on a variety of topics. For more information, please contact our clerking team.